June 8, 2022 5:00 PM EDT
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Michigan, June 8, 2022 (Newswire.com) –
Shankar Distillers, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, announced that its Varchas Straight Bourbon and Varchas Straight Rye whiskeys won prestigious silver medals at the 2022 San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) last April.
Scott Blaine, Vice President of Operations, Shankar Distillers, says:
“The San Francisco Spirits competition is the oldest in North America and the largest in the world. We are honored to receive silver medals for Varchas straight bourbon and straight rye whiskeys. The medals demonstrate that our products can compete on the world stage. As a startup distiller, we know we are on the right path and we will continue to strive to produce products that the spirits competition judges will reward, and that our customers will buy and enjoy.”
What is the San Francisco World Spirits Competition?
- Founded in 2000 by the Tasting Alliance, whose competitions are among the most influential in the world; their competitions enhance the reputation of thousands of brands and represent the ultimate curator of the world’s finest wines and spirits
- The SFWSC Silver Medal is awarded to exceptional spirits that demonstrate sophistication, finesse and complexity, and winning a Tasting Alliance award is a crucial milestone for any producer seeking recognition in the wine industry. and spirits.
- Judged on an individual basis, the competition uses blind tastings of bourbon
- 70 judges from around the world evaluated around 5,000 spirits over two weeks in April
- A detailed list of SFWSC winners is here: SFWSC 2022 Results | The Tasting Alliance
Shankar Distillers, LLC, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, was founded and is led by Varchasvi Shankar, President and CEO of V2Soft Inc., an emerging technology leader providing innovative technology services and expert staffing solutions in worldwide since 1998.
The whiskey brand is a passion project for Shankar; As a whiskey enthusiast, he is dedicated to making premium American whiskey and sharing American heritage around the world. Shankar has created a product that represents his life – he comes from the historic city of Mysore in southern India, a region with a rich history and vibrant culture, built on victorious battles won by the kings of Mysore. He attributes his success as an immigrant to the wealth of opportunity found in the United States and his business victories. The company plans to export Varchas Bourbon and Rye whiskeys to India this year. “Through our research, we make bourbons for different sought-after palettes in countries like India, Germany, and others,” Varchasvi noted.
The stories come together through the bottles’ intriguing and sexy packaging: the unique logo, a double-headed eagle – a winning symbol of the kingdom of Mysore, and a collectible metal American Eagle cap, symbolizing American success. Shankar Distillers plans to release a series of aged bourbon and rye with different finishes that distinguish its unique brand.
Shankar Distillers, LLC and V2Soft, Inc. are Certified Minority-Owned Businesses.
Source: Shankar Distillers, LLC